Sunday, July 24, 2011

My healthy breakfast bars that people actually eat.

The title pretty much says it all. I made healthy breakfast bars and people actually ate them, which is a first. Jimmy liked them so much he requested I make them again, which is also a first. I changed up the recipe by using whole wheat flour and adding a couple tablespoons of ground flax seed. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. I think I'm going to try it again with other fruit. I also think if you click on the title it will take you to the recipe, but I'm not sure I did it right.






My assistant who really was happy despite this photo.



The blackberries we bought at the farmers market that were rather tart and really weren't that unripe and red. Don't know why the photo makes them look that way.

4 comments:

  1. Better unripe than too ripe. My berries seem to go bad so fast. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I corrected the spelling of flower. I made the last three posts on the same day and just scheduled their posting and apparently I couldn't spell by the time I got to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I did it again! Flour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try that once it cools down. Jack made a blackberry/blueberry cobbler in the crockpot the other day and it was actually really good

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.