Friday, July 1, 2011

Georgia goes on an adventure.

Georgia has turned from a skin and bones puppy to a rather pudgy 50 lb dog that hates to exercise. To keep her from going into the overweight category, we decided to drag her along for a walk on the trail in Kings Mtn. Hannah went with me and we went up the "Cardio Hill". It was a pretty nice walk even with two kids, a stroller, and an out of shape dog. Georgia, who very rarely leaves the yard, was a little overwhelmed with all the sights and smells. She could barely walk because she kept getting distracted and wanting to stop and smell things. We took frequent breaks. At the top of the hill she collapsed and, after a rest, we literally had to drag her back up and make her start walking down the hill. I tried to jog with her, but it didn't work since she would start running but then come to a full stop to smell something. I didn't bring any water for her because I knew they had a dog water fountain there. Sadly, Georgia was terrified of the water fountain and wouldn't go near it. I ended up pouring water from a water bottle into a cup holder so she could have something to drink. Bless her heart, she does have a great fear of water. All in all I think she had a good time and enjoyed her little adventure.


"What is this adventure thing you speak of? Will there be food? I need my second breakfast."


"There is so much to smell and see! I get so distracted I can hardly walk!"


"Must rest in the shade."



"Yeah, we made it to the top of the hill! My people are sitting down so perhaps they came to their senses and won't force me to walk anymore."


"What do you you mean I have to walk down the hill? I shall stay right here thank you very much."

























































1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.