First you bring milk to a very light boil.
Then, remove from heat and add vinegar. This creates curds and whey. I don't think it was the spider that scared Little Miss Muffet, I think it was her food. I can't imagine eating this.
Then strain the curds from the whey, leaving some whey to create the cottage cheese texture.
The finished product. I'm not sure I will do it again, but it was an interesting experiment.
I'm very impressed! Nice pictures. I would never eat cottage cheese, but if I ever did, I'd taste yours. Are you going to try cream cheese? By the way, what is the price per ounce of your homemade versus store bought? That's important information to include. Get out your calculator and go to work, girl. :)
ReplyDeleteI also need to figure out exactly how much electricity I used turing on the stove burner so I can calculate the exact cost! I'll do that right after I gather all the old, half eaten produce to throw in the crock pot and make a fruit and veggie sauce. I'll be sure and save you some.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try cream cheese, but I haven't had time yet.