Lilly shredded the carrots using a vegetable peeler.
Lucy used the chopper. She is giving me this look because I had just fussed at her for eating all the carrots.
And the finished product. They were pretty good. Lilly took mom one and she agreed. Or she at least lied and told Lilly that. LOL
This is a combination of several recipes I found:
1 cup whole wheat flour + 1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon (really needed more)
1/4 cup cocoa
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup + 2 TBSP almond milk
1/2 cup brown sugar (really needed more)
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup grated carrots
In a large bowl blend the bananas, almond extract and almond milk. Then blend in the dry ingredients. Finally, fold in the carrots. Scoop into muffin tins, sprinkle the tops with a little more brown sugar and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.
I really did like them.
ReplyDelete