Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday

My Saturday started at a little after six when Felix and the neighbor's cat decided to start yowling at each other. They never actually fight, they just puff up, shed fur, and make lots of loud noises. I went and screamed at them and they were quiet, but by that time Lucy was awake and Lilly was up a little while later.

I've been putting off going to the grocery store, but we were totally out of food, so I had to go this morning. Going to the grocery store with two small children is torture. For some odd reason Food Lion only has one buggy that has the built in baby carrier and they redesigned the buggies so that I can't just snap the car seat on top. Today some one else was using the baby buggy, so I had to push a regular one while holding Lucy and trying to keep Lilly from putting random objects in the cart. Lilly tries to talk to everyone she meets, so it takes forever to get through the store. Lucy spit up on me and the shopping list. I couldn't read all of it and forgot to get dishwasher detergent, so I had to wash all of today's dishes by hand.

After Lilly and Lucy both took naps, we went over to Mom and Dad's to pick peas. Lilly had fun and ate a ton after we shelled them. This is the last of the peas; Dad is going to pull them up and plant green beans now.



After supper we went for a walk to check on the blackberries (they aren't ripe), Lilly jumped in mud puddles, and then caught tiny frogs. Since she was filthy, Lilly then took a bubble bath, ate blueberries and peaches, and is currently asleep. Lucy is about asleep too, so I think I will head off to bed and the cat better stay quiet all night.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. I wash my dishes by hand every day so consider yourself lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.